We’ve all lost teeth as children, and this was a very exciting time for most of us. Because we knew our parents (the tooth fairy) would leave money under our pillow for every tooth. Of course, as adults, most of us don’t qualify for this special reimbursement program anymore.
And missing teeth in your 30s isn’t as socially acceptable as when you were six. That’s why millions of adults search for permanent tooth replacement options every year.
Fortunately, at Dos Caminos Dental, Dr. Ali Soltanirad offers permanent tooth replacement using the latest in dental implants.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants have several advantages over other forms of permanent tooth replacements:
- More functional: Implants allow you to speak more clearly and indulge in your favorite foods.
- More comfortable: Implants feel, look, and function like natural teeth, making them much more comfortable than any other replacement option.
- More convenient: You don’t have to worry about special aftercare with implants. You can brush and floss them as you would with natural teeth.
- Better for your natural teeth: There’s no need to alter or damage your natural teeth to install implants.
- Better looking: Implants have a more natural appearance.
- More versatile: Dental implants can replace one or all of your teeth.
- Better longevity: Implants can last over a decade or even a lifetime.
Why It’s Important to Replace Missing Teeth
Aside from the aesthetic issue, missing teeth can be dangerous to the health of your other teeth. You see, when you have missing teeth, it can reshape your bite as the teeth around the missing tooth begin to shift toward the hole. Plus, missing teeth leave your other teeth more susceptible to infections like gum disease and tooth decay.
Ideal Candidates for Dental Implants
Although implants are by far the gold standard for tooth replacement in the dental industry, they may not be suitable for every person. However, those who make the best candidates for this treatment include:
- Those who’ve undergone endodontic treatments such as root canals and could not save their natural tooth
- Those who are scheduled to have tooth extractions
- Those with several missing teeth and don’t wish to get dentures
- Those with an injured tooth that’s unsalvagable and want to have a readily available replacement
- Those with dentures that don’t fit properly or are simply unhappy with them and wish for something different.
Other Benefits Dental Implants Offer
Dental implants also offer other benefits, such as:
- Prevents bone loss: After losing a tooth, it’s possible to lose bone mass from your jawbone. Dental implants prevent further bone loss.
- Cavity-proof: While it’s still vital that you practice good oral hygiene, you won’t have to worry about your implant getting cavities or forming tooth decay.
- Perfectly matches your natural teeth: Your implant is specially crafted to match the color and shape of your existing teeth. No one will be able to tell the difference!
- Restores your bite force: With missing teeth, you lose some of your full bite force. After getting your implant, the overall force of your bite is back to normal, and you can enjoy biting into your favorite foods once again without worry.
Implant Dentist Camarillo
To learn more about the incredible benefits dental implants have to offer, please call Dos Caminos Dental so we can schedule your consultation with Dr. Soltanirad and get you on the road to a fuller, healthier smile. Our phone number is (805) 482-1616, and you can visit our office at 2438 N Ponderosa Dr C-111, Camarillo, California.